1. Our collection is created by 68 designers from 19 countries.
2. All our furniture designs are individually customized and tailormade just for you.
3. Twice a year we launch a new collection – and every new design is 18 months in the making, from the first sketches to the final product.
4. Every furniture in our collection is handmade by craftsmen and -women, and more than 90% of our designs is produced within the EU.
5. All the beautiful marble and travertine used in our designs are of the finest quality.
6. Every piece in our collection comes with a 10-year warranty. Read more on Bolia.com.
7. All our fabrics are carefully curated and certified according to STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
8. Our upholstery leathers are all LEATHER STANDARD by OEKO-TEX® certified and completely traceable.
9. All our rugs are handwoven and Care & Fair labelled, supporting good working- and living conditions for the weavers.
10. We only use FSC®-certified wood in all our designs and paper packaging.
11. A selection of our upholstery fabrics is certified with the official EU Ecolabel, meaning that they have a lower environmental impact.
12. We collaborate with MÅLBAR who help us measure the CO2e emissions of our products throughout their entire lifecycle.
13. We love working with sustainability thinkers like MÅLBAR, FSC® Denmark and Upcycling Forum to learn and improve our ways.
14. We are proud to be part of amfori BSCI and follow the BSCI code of conduct, ensuring the social rights and safety of all our wonderful colleagues and partners around the world.
15. At our annual Bolia Design Awards, we honour and celebrate bright new talents and welcome selected designs into our collection with royalty of sales to the designer.
16. If you would like a sneak peek into the future, we invite you to enjoy our thrilling podcast series “The 20 next years” featuring fascinating international thinkers and thought-provoking topics about what next twenty years might bring. Find it at Bolia.com, Spotify, or iTunes.
17. You can stream our favourite music and exclusive mixtapes on Spotify and SoundCloud – some of the mixes are even produced by our very own CEO.
18. Each year we launch four seasonal Sofa Sessions hosted by talented DJ´s and established artists.
19. The slow-brew, organic coffee we serve in our stores is developed exclusively for Bolia by the world-renowned coffee roasters from La Cabra Coffee.
20. On an average week, we serve more than 10.000 cups of our slow brewed specialty coffee.
21. We open 1-2 new Bolia stores every month all year around and no two stores are alike –all honouring the history of the building and the local community.
22. We have more than 80 design stores spread across Europe and web shop deliveries to all European countries. On top of this, we collaborate with 600 trusted dealers located in more than 50 beautiful countries around the world.
23. Our International HQ is located in the heart of the charming city of Aarhus in Denmark – you are always welcome to stop by for a cup of slow brew coffee if you are in the neighbourhood.
24. We have an exciting partnership with Steelcase, the world´s largest office furniture manufacturer, with a shared mission to turn grey offices into green ones and making a workspace revolution around the world.
Following the launch of the first of our two annual collections, we begin working on the creative concept for the second one. Each time, we spend five inspiring weeks shooting all the photos and video material for the upcoming collection. And with it, we create the annual Bolia Brand Film. A film that encapsulates everything we’re deeply passionate about, presented in stunning visuals and vibrant stories about everyone who makes us who we are.
Immerse yourself in nature’s enchanting landscapes, exquisite craftsmanship by the hands of our craftsmen- and women, the creation of new Scandinavian design by design talents from all around the world, and find pure inspiration for creating calm, luxurious and beautiful spaces.